HUNT VALLEY, MD—Sinclair’s One Media 3.0 subsidiary has announced that it will host a three-part webinar series covering the delivery of advanced emergency information using the NextGen TV broadcast standard, ATSC 3.0.
Held virtually on consecutive Tuesdays in March (March 15, 22, and 29 at 1:00 p.m. EST), the webinar series will dive deep into the new capabilities offered by the NextGen TV standard to warn and inform consumers of urgent events. from weather and police action to natural disasters and finding lost neighbors.
As broadcasters’ ability to create interactive services draws closer, advanced emergency information (AEI) services are among the most compelling public services a broadcaster can offer, One Media noted.
AEI also represents the best set of unique features broadcasters can offer as they compete for users against much larger media platforms that have had interactive capabilities for many years. This series will examine the opportunities that AEI services can offer broadcasters to improve service to their communities and the health of businesses.
The webinars will have a one-hour presentation/discussion followed by 30 minutes of Q&A with the audience.
Webinar #1: Tuesday, March 15, 1 p.m. ET
As NextGen broadcasters offer interactive services, AEI services may offer features not available on major digital platforms. This panel will examine what it will take to deliver services not available today but essential to local broadcaster communities.
Topics to include:
- How AEI and other interactive services will fundamentally change the relationship broadcasters have with viewers by making it interactive.
- How the return path works for NextGen Broadcast services.
- New research that anticipates consumer preferences and acceptance of AEI features
- Comparisons with digital services that also offer geo-targeted alerts and emergency information.
- What the AEI services will look like from the user’s perspective (image captures).
- How AEI can improve mobility/portability.
- How AEI can be extended to provide urgent information and support a community in normal times.
- Prepare interactive relationships with viewers, calculate the profit of digital viewers in the long term.
- Portability to home app and through wireless carriers.
- How TV stations without news service can benefit from technology.
Registration and a full list of speakers and topics for all three webinars are available here.